Friday, March 20, 2009

My Reflection on my Blog..

My name is Jessica Gilbert and my blog site was about the harmful effects of cigarettes. I really think that this is a big issue because I have numerous of friends and family members who smoke. Smoking is a deadly habit that a lot of people enjoy. Most people think that there is a safe way to smoke. They think that if they smoke once a week or low tar cigarettes that this act decreases the chance of them getting cancer or having lung problems. As you read that statement isn't necessarily true. The smoker still gets the full effect as if they were smoking on a regular cigarette. Even though I only had to do three blogs I feel that I provided a lot of information within my three blog posts. Whether its cigarettes or weed they are both harmful to your lungs. I understand that both relieve stress but while relieving stress you are creating more. A smoker may think that smoking relieves stress but ten years down the line the smoker finds out that they have lung cancer. Then the smoker stresses more because they have a bodily disease that is often discovered later on in a smokers life.

This blog site is a very creative way to make people read about the importance's of life without it being boring. Anyone can write a boring article, but I feel that creating a blog is a more interesting way to provide information. I like the whole blog project because it was a new experience for me and I realized that blogs are a useful source of information. They are not only good for friendly comments but they are also good for providing the reader with great and useful information. I really liked the comments of my teachers and peers they really showed me that they understood my blog and it was interesting to them.

Thank you all..


1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right, that social smoking is one way that people get hooked. They start off smoking socially and at parties, and then they can't live without a cigarette. Even minimal smoking can be harmful.

    I do wonder how you became so interested in this particular topic. Perhaps you reveal that in your first post...I will keep reading.

    Blogging is a terrific way to publish your writing, and it is a new use of internet technology. I expect that you will continue to blog beyond high school. Your generation is also so familiar with social networking sites such as MySpace that bloggin comes naturally to many of you.

    ReplyDelete